In 1952, the original recycling company operated out of a small property at 315 Powell Street, where Isador Weinstein and occasionally one or two additional employees would peddle for materials and recycle them. After Isador’s passing in 1972, his son George took over operations and oversaw a move to 43 East 1st Street under the title False Creek Resources. In 1985, with the help of George’s son Arthur, the business became known as Allied Salvage and Metals. The business remained at this location until Expo ’86 acquired the property.
At this time, the business moved to Richmond, eventually landing on Mitchell Island in the early 1990’s, where we remain today. Once settled, Arthur purchased more trucks enabling Allied to expand its recycling mandate. In 2003, the company purchased it’s neighbouring property, over doubling its acreage. Adding in the next generation, Ian joined Arthur in 2003 and helped take the company to new levels. We now own and operate a variety of equipment, enabling us to continue expansion on all fronts. We now recycle all metals (excluding cars), and our client base is global. As much as we have expanded, we continue to maintain our high standards and incorporate our important family values into every aspect of our operations.