Scrap Metal Laws In California
If you are searching for what you do and don’t have to bring to your local California scrap yard, we have the answers. The iScrap App has gathered information about scrapping your metals with the local California scrap yards. We have collected scrap metal laws that are important for the peddlers and customers of scrap yards. Below we have some of the basic and important laws for scrap metal in California. Also be sure to click the link below to get further details about California scrap laws.
Summary of California Scrap Laws:
- Records: Scrap yards in California are required by law to keep track of transactions for 2 years and can be inspected by law officials at any time.
- Payment Restrictions: Scrap yards in California are required to pay their transactions with a non-transferrable check by allow scrappers to pick up the check after 3 days or mailed to their home.
- Fingerprints: California scrap yards are required by law to fingerprint their customers selling them materials.
- Video & Photo: When scrappers sell materials to their scrap yards, it is required that the yard takes a video or photo of the scrapper. This is also true for photos of the materials being sold.
- License Plates: California scrap yards must have description of the scrapper’s car and a copy of their license plate numbers.
- ID Information: Also scrappers must provide and get a copy of their driver’s license when selling scrap metal.
- Tag & Hold: When law officials contact a scrap yard, there is a 90-day tag-and-hold policy except for transactions less than $20.
- Get Further Details From California Organizations on Scrap Laws
Find Scrap Yards & Scrap Prices in California
Information Current as of June 2016.
Disclaimer: The iScrap App Inc. does not take responsibility for any misinterpreted or mistaken legal information provided on this webpage or in the document. We cannot offer legal advice of the information provided. This information was taken from public websites (credentials attached) with official resources.