Good Day iScrappers!
We hope that you had an excellent Memorial Day Weekend and took a little time to remember the brave men and women that have given their lives for us to live ours in honor and defense of our country.
Prices in the markets have been relatively calm and we have been happy to see how things have been going overall. We have seen the markets drop slightly over the last day or two. We still have been in the same pricing range that we have talked about over the last few months that will Lead us to a stable and secure market. The talks between the US And China have continued to go on with little exciting news other than…well, they are still talking so let’s leave it at that.
Copper and Brass have been in good shape even though we saw the prices decrease about Copper and Brass have been in good shape even though we saw the prices decrease about Copper and brass have been in good shape even though we saw the prices decrease about $0.04 between yesterday and today.04 between yesterday and today.04 between yesterday and today, but we still are waiting to see how the talks with the Chinese continue. Once those talks settle down we have a lot of things that will start to really fall into place and that is not only on the metals side of things but also on the paper/plastic/cardboard side as well.
This rift between the US and China is really one of the things that we expect to affect the copper prices once we see the markets fall into place. We expect large market swings to happen mid-June after all of these things settle between both countries, so that is going to be one of the biggest things that we will be looking for.
Aluminum and the Nickel markets have been very strong and we have seen both prices grow about Aluminum and the Nickel markets have been very strong and we have seen both prices grow about Aluminum and the nickel markets have been very strong and we have seen both prices grow about $0.02/lb.02/lb.02/lb. on average for items like regular 304 stainless as well as aluminum cans.
Reported Non-Ferrous Prices (5/23 – 5/29):
- Fortuna, CA: Dirty Brass, $0.40/lb.
- Rockaway, NJ: #1 Bare Bright Copper Wire, $2.77/lb.
- Yuba City, CA: Aluminum Copper Radiators, $0.69/lb.
- Bristol, VA: PC Tower, $0.10/lb.
- Rogersville, AL: Aluminum Scrap, $0.48/lb.
- Hammond, LA: Copper Transformers $.15
- Terrell, TX: Aluminum Rims, $0.55/lb.
- Columbus, NE: #1 copper tubing, $2.45/lb.
- Beaumont, CA: Copper Transformers, $0.17lb.
- West Paris, ME: Brass, $1.50/lb.
- Windsor, Ontario*: Computer Wire, $0.35/lb.
- New Haven, OH: Holiday Lights, $0.15/lb.
- Neville Island, PA: Stainless Steel, $0.35/lb.
Steel prices are at their lowest levels since the beginning of April, but we have started to see some life in the markets as of late. We have seen the markets have an uptick of about per ton on Light Iron, but unfortunately have seen heavier grades down about $6 per ton overall.
The oil price increases that we have seen have attributed to a large reason of the markets being the way that they have, and we continue to wait to see what will happen with the ongoing Chinese talks. We have to keep waiting to see what happens to the markets and the demand overseas, but one of the large problems will continue to be with the overseas talks which we continue to monitor.
Reported Ferrous Prices (5/23 – 5/29):
- Wichita Falls, TX: Light Iron, $155.00/ton
- Baltimore, MD: Shreddable Steel, $150.00/ton
- Hastings, MI: Light Iron, $170.00/ton
- Ludowici, GA: #1 Steel, $0.06/lb.
- Millville, NJ: Light Iron, $0.04/lb.
- Bristol, VA: Shreddable Steel, $0.06/lb.
- Brooklyn, NY: #1 Prepared, $0.11/lb.
- Windsor, Ontario*: Light Iron, $140.00/ton
- Westwego, LA: Scrap Iron, $230.00/ton
- London, Ontario*: Shreddable Steel, $230.00/ton
Other Scrap Markets
The electronics markets continue to be getting hit tightly and are very difficult to handle and get a grip on. The resale market continues to be a more profitable way for electronic recyclers, but the market is also very flooded so it is difficult to guess on that as well.
Let us know your thoughts and feelings on the market and we will get back to you ASAP!
Scrappppp ya later!