When looking for a pair of work boots that can work as well in the yard as out of it, you must account for a few different variables. While you definitely want all the protection and support that you’d expect from a work boot, You may also need a lower profile and something a bit more mobile than your standard boot.
Want a bigger boot? See Our Review: Timberland PRO Boondock Work Boot
This is why we’d recommend the Timberland PRO Mudsill Low Work Shoe. We hope to provide you with a first-hand assessment of this boot and why we recommend it for any scrapper who needs more movement and focus on ease of use.
Men's 40008 Mudsill Low Steel-Toe Lace-Up, Black,10 M
- Styles available in rugged all leather or leather with mesh
- Asymmetrical steel safety toe
- Electrical hazard protection
- A Trusted Boot: This is the boot that the members at the office of our sister company, Rockaway Recycling, gravitate towards. As these members see a variety of terrain but spend most of their time indoors, this boot lends itself to a user who needs the safety of a work boot but also spends a good chunk of their work day indoors and wants the comfort and support of a standard shoe.
- Comfortable for the Long Haul: One of the standout features of this boot compared to others we have reviewed is its surprisingly quick break-in period. When you’re on your feet all day, comfort has to be a priority, and these boots deliver on that, which makes them an ideal choice for those in the scrap recycling industry.
- Incredibly Lightweight: The design of these boots lends itself to users doing various activities. The polyurethane-coated split suede leather upper adds durability. It keeps the boots light, allowing for ease of use for our team members at Rockaway Recycling, who also have to tend to matters inside an office where they may be constantly on the go between meetings or desks. The boot also boasts a steel toe, which gives them the safety and peace of mind they need when out in the yard or at the scale.
- Sustainably Sourced Materials: While the cement construction ensures flexibility, the abrasion-resistant, non-marking Timberland PRO® rubber outsole delivers superior traction on all surfaces. And most importantly, Timberland has created a new lining made of ReBOTL™ material, which contains at least 50% recycled plastic.
The One Con:
While these boots offer year-round reliability, it’s worth noting that in colder months, some of our team members found it beneficial to pair them with warmer socks for added insulation. This minor adjustment ensures the boots remain comfortable and functional in diverse weather conditions. We feel that this doesn’t overly detract from this boot’s many positives.
Work Smart, Walk Comfortably
The Timberland PRO Mudsill Low Work Shoe is a solid choice if you are a scrapper or a yard worker seeking a reliable and durable work boot. The boots are trusted by our team members who need a boot for the yard and the office as they offer a great combination of comfort, lightweight design, and advanced safety features.
Gear up with confidence and take on the challenges of the scrap yard!