In the messy world of scrap metal recycling, having the right gear can make all the difference. Let’s take a closer look at the Timberland PRO Men’s 6 Inch Boondock Comp Toe WP Insulated Industrial Work Boot—a popular choice among our team members at Rockaway Recycling, the sister company of the iScrap App. This review aims to provide you with an honest assessment of its features and benefits.
- Team-Tested Endorsement: Let’s kick things off right. At the end of the day, we have quite a few people on our crew who use other boots. However, the crew that does use these boots has definitely mentioned it. Three of our crew members swear by them. This type of feedback emphasizes the importance of having these boots when working around the yard, where all sorts of things can pop up.
- Lightweight Advantage: Unlike the heavier steel toe options, the Boondock’s composite toe construction makes a noticeable difference in weight. This lightweight design allows for better maneuverability, perfect for getting in and out of your truck or trailer, but still robust enough that you don’t have to worry about smashing a toe when scrapping a refrigerator.
- Weather-Ready Insulation: We’ve already discussed how to prep yourself for those winter scrapping months, and these boots would make a perfect addition to that regiment. Working outdoors (especially if you are at our New Jersey yard in the dead of winter) demands gear to handle the elements. The Boondock’s insulation steps up to the plate, keeping your feet warm and comfortable during long work hours.
- Durability Beyond Expectations: Built with patented Ever-Guard leather and rubber toe protectors, the Boondocks can take a beating. The TPU outsole with deep lugs adds extra traction and is resistant to slips, oil, and abrasions, ensuring these boots can handle rough terrain. Whether you’re an auto scrapper looking for a new pair of boots for the shop or on the road looking for scrap in your neighborhood, these can work for any person.
- Anti-Fatigue Tech: Long hours on your feet can feel brutal. The Boondock’s anti-fatigue technology features arch support and OrthoLite® foam designed to absorb shock while providing extra cushioning, keeping you on your feet and pain-free all day!
- Quality Craftsmanship: Timberland is a brand that has consistently created footwear for the last 70 years and has always addressed the needs of those in demanding work environments. The Boondock boots showcase the brand’s commitment to comfort, durability, and protection—qualities that speak volumes when you’re on the job. If the volume of positive reviews doesn’t sway you, you are also covered with a 30-day Comfort Guarantee and a one-year limited warranty.
One Slight Con:
Let’s be honest—these boots can be painful until you break them in. Sometimes, when you invest in a quality pair of boots, it can be annoying to follow the break-in process and wait until they are ready. We suggest you look elsewhere if you want something that doesn’t have this issue. Our team suggests giving the Boondocks 1-2 days to mold to your feet comfortably. Also, don’t forget to swap out the insoles every 2-3 months for that extra cushion and support. Your feet will thank you.
That said, we feel the extensive list of pros more than makes up for this.
Invest in Yourself
At the end of the day, are these boots a little pricier? Yes. But a good rule of thumb is if you use that item every day and spend lots of time in it, you should invest in it. Whether it is a mattress (that you hopefully spend 8 hours a day in), a work vehicle, an office chair, or, in this case, a pair of boots, you should try to find something that keeps you comfortable and reliable day in and day out.
As a scrapper, your time is always money, and if you’re out and about hours on end, you’ll need a pair of boots that doesn’t leave you in pain at the end of your workday. You also need a pair of boots that will keep those digits safe when dealing with heavy materials. These Timberland Work Boots aren’t just a pair of boots; they’re an investment in your workday.