Collect More Scrap. Separate More Scrap. Know Your Scrap.
The iScrap App Team is here to help you do all of that and get the best from your scrapping efforts this New Year. Use these resources to help you make more money on your scrapping efforts.
Places To Collect Scrap Metal
- Winter Scrapping – Keep a look out for busted copper pipes and new electronics around the holidays.
- Spring Scrapping – Springtime means there are going to be some garage and basement cleanouts for the big Spring cleanup.
- Summer Scrapping – Broken pool heaters, pumps, lawn furniture, and air conditioners are all items that need to be on your radar in the Summer.
- Fall Scrapping – After the hot summer there can be some air conditioners around and also busted up gutters and siding from storm season in the Fall.
- Where To Find E-Scrap – Wondering how you can start collecting more electronics for scrap metal? We have some ideas.
- Where To Find Stainless Steel – This is a very helpful metal in many different places. This is where you can find them.
Be Sure To Separate Your Scrap
- Copper Pipe – Be sure to separate the clean pipe (no solder or paint) from the pipe with fittings (brass, solder, etc.) to make more money.
- Car Parts – Always be sure to collect and separate various car parts for scrap, especially those catalytic converters.
- E-Waste – Electronic scrap should always be separated, especially the different types of computer boards.
- Copper Wire – Determine if your copper wire scrap is worth stripping and how you can do it the quick and easy way.
- Yellow & Chrome Brass – Do you know if you should separate it before bringing it to your scrap yard?
- Sealed Compressors – They are a difficult item to scrap, do you know how?
Learn About The Scrap Market
- Stay Updated on Prices– Understanding the trend of when scrap prices are going up or down is important. It helps you to know when to sell or hold.
- Starting Your Scrap Biz – Getting the right papers and equipment together to start your own business is important.
- Factors of Scrap Prices – Prices go up and they go down. Knowing why all that happens is important and can help you make more money.
- Best Tools for Scrapping – Tom, the founder of the iScrap App spent some time updated his favorite tools and equipment to use when scrapping.
- Stay Updated on Tariffs – Be sure to keep an eye on how the trade tariffs are affecting scrap prices and the economic market.