We have had some cold temperatures and a lot of snow over the last few winters across the nation. Lately, some of our scrappers on our Facebook Group have been talking about the best gloves to keep them going during these brutal weather conditions – because we all know no matter the snow, we still have to make the dough! Below are some suggestions we have for the best winter work gloves to keep your hands dry and warm while hauling scrap or doing any work outside.
- Keeps hands warm and dry in cold, wet, wintery conditions
- Triple layer technology consisting of a microfleece liner, waterproof/windproof membrane and a form-fit outer shell
- Form-fit outer shell is dexterous and reinforced with non-slip to ensure excellent grip and lasting durability
- Waterproof and windproof inner membrane keeps hands completely dry in cold, wet conditions
- Built strong enough for heavy work yet is functional and dexterous enough for winter recreation
Some of the reviews on Amazon say that these are great for working on your projects with having good control of your hands. Not being constricted is important for working on taking things apart, so these gloves are great for scrapping during the winter. Also, a great glove for recreation or other household projects. Even if you are stuck shoveling the driveway during the colder months, this is a great glove to wear to keep your hands protected.
- THERMAL PROTECTION Dual-zone insulated with 40 grams (palm) and 70 grams (back of hand) of 3M Thinsulate for extreme hand protection in cold conditions. Designed to trap body heat while allowing moisture to escape for warm and comfortable wear. Insulation is lighweight and free of bulk maintaining full dexterity of gloves
- WATERPROOF/WINDPROOF The waterproof and breathable membrane insert creates a barrier which blocks cold, moisture and wind to keep hands warm and dry when working in snow and cold temperatures
- DURABLE MATERIALS Rugged AX Suede palm and fingertip reinforcements are designed for superior grip, abrasion resistance and flexibility when handling things in chilly temps. Weather-resistant ripstop outer shell and DWR water repellent finish is both breathable and durable to provide best-in-class protection
- TOUCHSCREEN CAPABILITIES Touch screen capable thumb and index finger allow you to swipe, tap, and type on smartphones and tablets without having to take the gloves off
- EXTENDED WRIST CUFF Extended neoprene cuff can fit under or over jacket sleeves for convenient easy on/off wear. Tightened with hook and loop closure to keep the cuff secure around your wrist for increased warmth and cold protection
These are great full-coverage and capable work gloves for the winter. With a good layer of insulation and also touchscreen capable, these gloves will never slow you down while scrapping. These will be a great asset for your work that has requires you to be outside. Also, with the extended length, it will keep you warmer and keep the snow out from your sleeves. Keep your hands warm and your scrap flowing. Try these gloves out of you have texts to answer while your loading your metal into your trailer.
- 4 Products For Staying Warm Working Outside
- The Effects of Snow & Winter on the Scrap Industry
- Scrapping on a Rainy Day