The smartphone has revolutionized everything in the world of retail, technology, finance, and products. While we always are able to give you good products to protect your phone, it’s also important to have the right apps on your phone. Whether you have your own junk pick up service or you just casually hunt for scrap metal on the weekends, some apps can make life a lot easier for you and even save you some money when on the road.
- Gas Buddy has completely changed the gasoline industry in the US with the millions of users that constantly update the prices and fuel grades on the app and website. Throughout the whole country users can access almost every single gas station in their immediate area and will most likely see an update gas price within the last 24 hours. For more populated areas, there are updated every hour or even every few minutes. Be sure to download this free app so you can grab the best price at the pump while you are hunting for you next scrap load.
- Completely changing the scrap metal industry, the iScrap App is a great app to help you find the closest scrap yard. Not only that but it also allows you to view the best prices in your are and get the contact information you need to ask about specific item pricing. You can access the iScrap App with an iPhone, Android, or any mobile device connected to the internet. You can also use the iScrap App desktop version with all the same features. There are some new features that will be developed in the near future that will allow users to have even more information to get on a daily basis.
- If you’re heading to new places to pick up the latest scrap load, it is important to know the best route and how to get there with efficiency. That’s exactly what the Google Maps app can offer you. Free to download to all devices, Google Maps can provide you with multiple routes to your destination with the estimated time of arrival and the traffic patterns. If you are trying to get to the scrap yard before the doors close, you can reroute as you’re driving and see what is going to take 2 or 3 minutes faster. Also you can see the traffic patterns on the map and reported accidents through the app via the Waze app. Always be sure to abide by the driving laws and be safe while driving.
- Perfect if you are planning on some home improvement or if you need a new tool on the go for scrapping. The Home Depot app is a great resource for your to have, if you are looking to get a new sawzall or need replacement tools for your scrap ventures. Not only can you find the right products you need, but you can view store hours so you will be able to plan your scrapping schedule around the tools you need to find. Right through the app you can order a product and choose to have it delivered or you can pick it up directly at the store if you’re in the area.
- The mobile app for Lowes is another great place to be able to check out what new products are on sale in your area and also some new project ideas. You can check out the products in the store you are in and figure out where they are located through the app. So if you are in a rush to grab a new hammer, you can find it easily through the app. You can also see a list of previous products that you have purchased in the past which can help you remember the name of that “thingy-ma-jiggy”.
Are We Missing One?
Did we forget an app that is perfect for on the go for scrappers? Be sure to comment below and we will be sure to add it to our best apps for scrapping. Be sure to always abide by the traffic laws and never use your phone while driving. Scrap responsibly and do not take what isn’t yours. Help us all stop scrap theft.