Wow what a crazy week we have seen with the non-ferrous pricing jumping and the ferrous markets falling…let’s get at it. With the Presidential debate going on, the election on-going, and news from the Middle East that the oil production will be changed soon…there is a lot going on.
Non-Ferrous Metal Market Update
With the meeting happening in the Middle East with OPEC and the oil productions, we started to see a small uptick in the copper market…then we saw another 7 cents jump. This is the highest that copper has been in a few weeks and we have seen multiple people reporting how they have seen such a great increase at their scrap yards in the copper pricing.
Here are some of the copper, aluminum, and other non-ferrous prices reported over the last week:
- Woodstock, IL: Aluminum Copper Coil, $0.78 per lb (9/29/16)
- Sylacauga, AL: Aluminum Cans, $0.20 per lb (9/28/16)
- Fort Worth, TX: Aluminum #3, $0.48 per lb (9/28/16)
- Rochester, NY: Stainless Steel, $0.36 per lb (9/27/16)
- Bridgewater, MA: Aluminum Cans, $0.09 per lb (9/27/16)
- Norfolk, VA: #2 Copper Tubing, $1.50 per lb (9/27/16)
- Norfolk, VA: Bare Bright, $1.65 per lb (9/27/16)
- Lynnwood, WA: Aluminum Cans, $0.20 per lb. (9/26/16)
Ferrous Market Update
Steel and iron prices continue to get hit with many of the hits happening from the higher grade steels like #1 HMS, Cast Iron, Rotors, and Unprepared Steels. Light Iron pricing has remained stronger then would have been expected and has continued to stay at a level that is still reasonable.
None of the market indications are saying that the steel prices will have an increase anytime soon, and because of that we are in a big limbo on what to expect going forward.
Here are some of the steel and iron prices from the last week that were reported:
- Rochester, NY: Light Iron, $106 per ton (9/28/16)
- Virginia Beach, VA: Cast Iron, $0.05 per ton (9/27/16)
- Richmond, British Columbia: 0 per ton for #1 Steel, (9/26/16)
- Alliance, OH: P & S Steel, $65 per ton (9/25/16)
Hope these prices and this market is helping you out, we hope to see you report your prices soon…scrap ya later!
National Scrap Price Averages (as of 9/29/16):
- Bare Bright Copper: $1.65-$1.83
- Copper Pipe: $1.47-$1.72
- Clean Brass: $0.80-$1.10
- Insulated Copper: $0.45-$1.10
- Aluminum Sheet: $0.24-$0.34
- Stainless Steel: $0.21-$0.27
- Aluminum Cans: $0.22-$0.32 (Not CRV Pricing)
- Light Iron: $75-105 per ton