Good Day iScrappers!!!
We hope you have been loving (and posting) all of the prices that have been reported over the last few weeks…we certainly love to see it and it helps everyone know what is going on with the markets in their area and across the US and Canada more.
Non-Ferrous Scrap Market Update
Nothing too crazy going on, but we have seen the markets stable over the last week or so which is a great sign for consecutive weeks. Knowing what prices you are going to be getting makes everything a little easier so you know what to ship and what to hold onto. All of the hard work that you do is too precious to waste when you think that the market could be upticking….but we always give advice like this: SCRAP IT WHEN YOU GOT IT!
Here are some of the reporting non-ferrous pricing from the last week:
- Rochester, NY: Sealed Units, $0.11 per lb (9/21/16)
- Waterloo, IA: Sheet Aluminum, $0.41 per lb (9/21/16)
- Rockford, IL: #2 Tubing, $1.35 per lb (9/20/16)
- Prattville, AL: Aluminum Cans, $0.30 per lb (9/19/16)
- Evansville, IN: #1 Flashing, $1.40 per lb (9/19/16)
Ferrous Scrap Market Update
The steel markets have weakened slightly with prices dropping about $5 per ton over the last week. We have seen many domestic mills have a lack of good product coming into them and they have not pushed too hard to get great product in because of a lot of the price uncertainty.
Here are some of the reporting ferrous pricing from the last week:
- Rochester, NY: Light Iron, $112 per ton (9/21/16)
- Waterloo, IA: Light Iron, $55 per ton (9/21/16)
- LaCrosse, WI: Shreddable Steel, $40 per ton (9/18/16)
National Average Scrap Prices (as of 9/21/16):
- Bare Bright Copper: $1.65-$1.83
- Copper Pipe: $1.47-$1.72
- Clean Brass: $0.80-$1.10
- Insulated Copper: $0.45-$1.10
- Aluminum Sheet: $0.24-$0.34
- Stainless Steel: $0.21-$0.27
- Aluminum Cans: $0.22-$0.32 (Not CRV Pricing)
- Light Iron: $75-105 per ton