With the summer wrapping up you may seen a couple extra BBQ grills out there after the Labor Day holiday…which is alway$$$ a good thing! Since we last updated you towards the end of last week we have seen little movement in most markets. The only slight increase has been in the copper markets so let’s talk about that first.
Non-Ferrous Scrap Prices
In the last week we have seen a few dips, a few upticks, and a few level prices….let’s go over them. Lead prices have declined over the last week and a half leading to lower prices on items like car batteries, lead, and wheel weights. With the demand slipping over the last 6 weeks and the inventories growing at different lead plants we have seen those prices drop slightly.
The copper prices have gone up about $0.04 per lb since 9/12/16, but with little reason to the prices jumping many are guessing that it is because of traders on Wall Street hedging some of the copper prices, so let’s see if they continue their increase.
Here are some of the Non-Ferrous prices reported over the last week:
- Rochester, NY: Sheet Aluminum, $0.40 per lb (9/14/16)
- Alpharetta, GA: Aluminum Rims, $0.35 per lb (9/13/16)
- Flint, MI: Bronze, $1.20 per lb (9/12/16)
- Everett, MA: $0.50 per lb for ACR’s.50 per lb for ACR‘s.50 per lb for ACR‘s (9/11/16)
- Demand, FL: AL Extrusion, $0.50 per lb (9/11/16)
- Lecanto, FL: Aluminum Cans, $0.42 per lb (9/11/16)
- Timmins, ON: Bare Bright, $2.00 per lb (9/11/16)
- Freeport, FL: Aluminum Cans, $0.45 per lb (9/10/16)
Ferrous Scrap Prices
Steel prices have been relatively unchanged over the last week, with little movement you can expect relatively unchanging prices right now. With little construction and a lot of the larger loads of steel already recycled over the last few years steel will be a tough item for many right now with it’s low value.
Here are some of the Ferrous prices reported over the last week:
- Warren, MI: Shreddable Steel, $0.03 per lb (9/14/16)
- Williamsport, PA: Refrigerators, $0.02 per lb (9/10/16)
- Rochester, NY: Light Iron, $0.03 per lb (9/9/16)
National Averages for Current Scrap Prices (As of 9/14/16):
- Bare Bright Copper: $1.65-$1.83
- Copper Pipe: $1.47-$1.72
- Clean Brass: $0.80-$1.10
- Insulated Copper: $0.45-$1.10
- Aluminum Sheet: $0.24-$0.34
- Stainless Steel: $0.21-$0.27
- Aluminum Cans: $0.22-$0.32 (Not CRV Pricing)
- Light Iron: $75-105 per ton