Good Day iScrappers!
We hope you are enjoying the final full month of August and you are all staying cool and maybe even taking a little vacation with this nice weather. The scrap market over the last week has been relatively quiet with only minor things happening to even mention.
Non-Ferrous Scrap Market Update for August 2016
The non-ferrous markets for copper, brass, aluminum, and other metals like that has not been too crazy over the last week with all metals relatively stable. The good thing about stable markets is that you don’t have to be shocked because there will be very few drops happening. The one good thing is that the aluminum market has been increasing and those prices are reflected in the reported prices that we have seen online. You can see in the chart below that the aluminum can prices have been increasing since April 2016. We are keeping our fingers crossed hoping that those prices keep climbing.
Here are some of the prices reported over the last week:
- Petersburg, VA: bare bright wire, $1.70 per lb (8/17/16)
- AusTin, TX: Bare Bright Wire, $1.85 per lb (8/17/16)
- Welland, ON: .68 per lb for Brass, (8/16/16)
- Rochester, NY: Stainless 304, $0.40 per lb (8/16/16)
- Austin, TX: Aluminum Cans, $0.32 per lb (8/16/16)
- Waterloo, IA: Heliax Wire, $0.54 per lb (8/14/16)
- Tucson, AZ: Aluminum Cans, $0.60 per lb (8/13/16)
- Muskegon, MI: Bare Bright, $1.00 per lb (8/13/16)
Ferrous Scrap Market Update for August 2016
After seeing the markets increase over the last two weeks we saw another small spike of about $5 per ton. With steel prices going up that will hopefully bring back a lot of the part time scrappers that are hoarding their metals for the better steel pricing days…but you never know.
Here are some of the steel prices that we have seen reported over the last week:
- Garland, TX: Tin, $0.075 per lb (8/16/16)
- Rochester, NY: Light Iron, $131 per ton (8/16/16)
- Greenwood, SC: Cars w/tires: $3.50 per 100 (8/15/16)
- Connelly Springs, NC: #1 Prepared, $0.05 per lb (8/14/16)
- Walpole, MA: Light Iron, $0.01 per lb (8/14/16)
- Port Richey, FL: Shreddable Steel, $0.03 per lb (8/13/16)
We hope that you trails have been filled with scrap metal to pick up, make sure that you continue to post your prices and let us know what you see going on in the scrap world…scrap ya later!
Average Scrap Prices for US (As of 8/17/16):
- Bare Bright Copper: $1.72-$1.88
- Copper Pipe: $1.52-$1.77
- Clean Brass: $0.85-$1.15
- Insulated Copper: $0.45-$1.18
- Aluminum Sheet: $0.24-$0.34
- Stainless Steel: $0.21-$0.27
- Aluminum Cans: $0.22-$0.32 (Not CRV Pricing)
- Light Iron: $65-105 per ton