We hope that everyone enjoyed their respective countries holidays over the last weekend with Canada Day and the 4th of July highlighting the long weekend for many….and now we return to the daily lives of the scrapper.
Scrap Market Updates in July 2016
In the last week we have seen a really positive turn overall for the markets. With prices across the US and Canada being reported as higher then the week before we are happy to see the positive pricing and news. While the steel market has not turned around yet, we are happy to see that the copper market jumped and stayed on course over the last week.
Copper has rallied over the last week…but more importantly has stayed at these higher levels. You can see in the chart below that in 2016, Bare Bright Wire prices have climbs a bit according to the reported prices on the iScrap App.
Reported Non-Ferrous Scrap Prices:
- Elizabethtown, KY- #1 Copper Tubing, $1.65 per lb (7/5/16)
- Lawrence, MA- Bare Bright Wire, $1.70 per lb (7/5/16)
- Troy, AL- Bare Bright Wire, $0.95 per lb (7/4/16)
- Rochester, NY- Electric Motors, $0.16 per lb (7/3/16)
- Morgan City, LA- Aluminum Cans, $0.37 per lb (7/2/16)
- East Chicago, IL- Bare Bright Wire, $1.80 per lb (7/1/16)
- Tucson, AZ- Aluminum Cans, $0.50 per lb (6/30/16)
Ferrous Spotlight on Pricing
With no real news on the steel front, the market has softened on some of the heavier materials. There seems to be a demand for light iron, and it looks like the light iron pricing has not gone down too far at all….on the other hand, the pricing on heavier gauges of steel and iron have continued to weaken and the market has been slipping over the last few weeks. Despite the recent weakening the prices are still strong according to the reported prices in 2016 on the iScrap App, you can see the slight upward trend in 2016.
Reported Ferrous Scrap Prices:
- Niagara Falls, NY- Light Iron, $130 per ton (7/3/16)
- Rochester, NY- Light Iron, $137 per ton (7/2/16)
- Lynchburg, VA: Unprepared P & S- $120 per ton (7/1/16)
- Spavined, OK- Light Iron, $100 per ton (6/30/16)
Ok scrappers, let us know what you have been seeing out there and what type of scrap pickings that they have been. Until next week…scrap ya later!
National Scrap Price Averages (As of 7/6/16)
- Bare Bright Copper: $1.57-$1.82
- Copper Pipe: $1.47-$1.72
- Clean Brass: $0.85-$1.10
- Insulated Copper: $0.42-$1.15
- Aluminum Sheet: $0.24-$0.34
- Stainless Steel: $0.21-$0.27
- Aluminum Cans: $0.22-$0.32 (Not CRV Pricing)
- Light Iron: $55-$85 per ton