Good Day iScrappers!
Hopefully you have been scrapping hard and scrapping often…please make sure with your summer scrapping and this extreme heatwave that is taking over most of the US that you are drinking plenty of water and taking rests…that heat exhaustion can hit quickly.
Copper prices have dipped slightly with the market going down a few pennies per pound, but nothing too much. We have seen so many great prices being posted over the last week and we conTinue to see scrap yards across the US and Canada’s prices increase.
Aluminum has fallen slightly, but not enough to worry about too badly. Here are some prices reported over the last week:
- Wayne, MI: #2 copper tubing, $1.55 per lb (7/27/16)
- Rochester, NY: Sheet Aluminum, $0.43 per lb (7/26/16)
- Louisville, KY: 750 MCM Cable, $1.10 per lb (7/25/16)
- Tucson, AZ: Aluminum Cans, $0.40 per lb (7/25/16)
- Rockaway, NJ: Bare Bright Copper, $2.10 per lb (7/21/16)
- Williston, FL: Aluminum Cans, $0.30 per lb (7/22/16)
Steel/Iron Ferrous Spotlight
With these prices still being very depressed compared to the last few years we have not heard much (if any) good news about the steel pricing. The market overseas continues to weaken and it seems like no one is jumping to place large new orders of steel or iron…thus leading to some of the prices being so depressed.
That being said, here are some of the price updates that we have seen scrappers reporting over the last week:
- Rochester, NY: Light Iron, 7 per ton (7/26/16)
- Lumberton, NC: Light Iron, $100 per ton (7/25/16)
- Dover, NJ: Light Iron, $55 per ton (7/24/16)
- Terre Haute, IN: Tin, $40 per ton (7/23/16)
- Albuquerque, NM: #1 Prepared, $0.05 per lb (7/21/16)
That’s it for now iScrappers, let us know what other metals you want to be reported on and until next week…scrap ya later!
National Scrap Metal Price Averages (As of 7/27/16):
- Bare Bright Copper: $1.72-$1.88
- Copper Pipe: $1.52-$1.77
- Clean Brass: $0.85-$1.15
- Insulated Copper: $0.45-$1.18
- Aluminum Sheet: $0.24-$0.34
- Stainless Steel: $0.21-$0.27
- Aluminum Cans: $0.22-$0.32 (Not CRV Pricing)
- Light Iron: $55-$85 per ton