Wow oh wow oh wow. What a week we have seen. The prices on copper haver JUMPED over 10 cents a pound since we last updated this last week and that is such a positive thing and great news. Your scrap yards should have almost an immediate jump in pricing, and if they don’t then you can go to our homepage to find someone else closer to you.
Non-Ferrous Scrap Price Update
Copper prices have seen a great swing over the last week with the market jumping 10 or more cents on some items. We have seen prices across the US and Canada going up every day and that is an extremely positive thing for the overall market (especially in the middle of the summer!).
Below in the price chart you can see the scrap copper prices have jumped since the beginning of June. We have see a rise over the last week or so which is helping some scrappers get out of the hole.
The aluminum market has been in limbo, but we have seen a penny or so overall increase in the last week, nothing crazy but it is a nice thing in the big picture.
Here are some of the reported prices from the last week:
- Binghamton, NY: Car Batteries, $5.00 each on 7/14/16
- Brooklyn, NY: #1 Tubing, $1.50 per lb (7/14/16)
- McAllen, TX: #2 Tubing, $1.55 per lb (7/13/16)
- Rochester, NY: #2 Tubing, $1.68 per lb (7/12/16)
- North Las Vegas, NV: Bare Bright, $1.30 per lb (7/11/16)
- Farmington, NH: Brass Scrap, $0.98 per lb (7/11/16)
- Erie, PA: Aluminum Cans, $0.46 per lb (7/10/16)
- Columbus, GA: #1 Tubing, $1.60 per lb (7/9/16)
Steel/Iron Scrap Price Updates
The steel market continues to weaken with prices down another $10 per ton across the board over the last week. With little demand currently it is going to be a bit of a tough market.
Here are some of the reported steel and iron prices from the last week:
- Harrison, AK: Crushed Cars, $95 per ton (7/14/16)
- Rochester, NY: Cast Iron, $135 per ton (7/14/16)
- Fayetteville, NC: Cast Iron, $27 per ton (7/13/16)
- Rochester, NY: Light Iron, $127 per ton (7/12/16)
- Philadelphia, PA: Cast Iron, $100 per ton (7/11/16)
- San Antonio, TX: Light Iron, $0.04 per lb (7/9/16)
- Greenberg, PA: Light Iron, $0.03 per lb (7/8/16)
With all of these prices across the US and Canada being strong on copper….and weak on aluminum, we have to expect to see much more volatility in the coming weeks.
Please continue to post the prices online and let us know if there are any other questions that you have related to scrap!!!
Scrappppp la later!
National Average Scrap Prices (As of 7/14/16)
- Bare Bright Copper: $1.72-$1.88
- Copper Pipe: $1.52-$1.77
- Clean Brass: $0.85-$1.15
- Insulated Copper: $0.45-$1.18
- Aluminum Sheet: $0.24-$0.34
- Stainless Steel: $0.21-$0.27
- Aluminum Cans: $0.22-$0.32