Non-Ferrous Scrap Update
In the last week we’ve seen the markets especially the copper one really react to the entire vote over in Britain. The vote in Britain with them leaving the European Union, has really caused a large ripple effect through the entire world market and because of that many prices were affected. If we wrote this two days ago we would not have been too optimistic, but after the large rally in copper we seen prices jump about $.07-$.10 per pound per pound.
Reported Prices For Non-Ferrous Across the US & Canada
- East Chicago, IL: Bare Bright, $1.80 per lb (6/29/16)
- Rochester, NY: Electric Motors, $.16 per lb (6/28/16)
- Terrell, TX: Bronze, $1.00 per lb (6/27/16)
- Boise, ID: Ballasts, $0.02 per lb (6/27//16)
- Cedar City, UT: Aluminum Cans, $0.20 per lb (6/25/16)
- Oklahoma City, OK: Batteries, $0.14 per lb (6/24/16)
- Stoystown, PA: #2/3 Copper Mix, $1.52 per lb (6/23/16)
Ferrous Scrap Update
On the ferrous side of things, we have not seen much movement in the market. While steel prices are slightly down over the last week, we have heard some disparaging news with the steel prices looking to fall another $10-$15 per ton going into the month of July. With the markets in such limbo right now on the side of steel and iron, you might want to cash in what you have to make room for more non ferrous Materials like aluminum, stainless steel, and copper.
Reported Prices For Ferrous Across the US & Canada
- Rochester, NY: Light Iron, $137 per ton (6/29/16)
- Spavined, OK: Scrap Iron, $150 per ton (6/28/16)
- Hillsboro, OR: Refrigerators, $1 each (6/27/16)
- Union Furnace, OH: #1 HMS, $100 per ton (6/25/16)
- Lubbock, TX: Water Heaters, $4.00 each (6/21/16).
That’s it for now scrappers, make sure that you continue to report the prices that you are receiving for scrap and for all you Americans, Happy 4th of July!
Scrappppp ya later, -Tom
National Average Scrap Prices (As of 6/29/16)
- Bare Bright Copper: $1.52-$1.77
- Copper Pipe: $1.42-$1.67
- Clean Brass: $0.85-$1.10
- Insulated Copper: $0.40-$1.05
- Aluminum Sheet: $0.24-$0.34
- Stainless Steel: $0.21-$0.27
- Aluminum Cans: $0.22-$0.32 (Not CRV Pricing)
- Light Iron: $55-$85 per ton