Virginia, filling in for Tom again this week. After a steady week last week with the copper market, we are seeing some big jumps this week. See below for further details and some reported prices. But to fill some of you in we have some exciting news to share with you about the iScrap App. Watch below:
Non-Ferrous Scrap Metal Report
With the copper prices dipping late last month and earlier this month, we saw them steady out last week. After our weekly report for last Wednesday, we saw a quick jump up in copper. Hoping that it was the real deal, we watched it carefully throughout the day last Thursday and then saw it continue to climb into Friday. This week the copper prices have remained high and saw another small climb today. You should expect to see copper prices increase at your local scrap yards by the end of this week if they haven’t already.
- Jacksonville, FL: Aluminum Cans = $0.50/lb.
- Gallipolis, OH: Brass = $1.35/lb.
- Tampa, FL: Bare Bright Copper Wire = $2.00/lb.
- South Gate, CA: Nickel = $3.00/lb.
- Clovis, CA: Insulated Copper Wire = $0.30/lb.
- San Leandro, CA: 304 Stainless Steel = $0.40/lb.
Ferrous Scrap Metal Prices Report
Steel has remained stable again for another week. We are seeing a variety of prices being reported across North America, but many of them are similar in stabilization. The pricing is obviously reliant on the location too.
- Fontana, CA: Light Iron = $40/ton
- Burbank, WA: #1 Heavy Melting Steel = $200/ton
- Gallipolis, OH: Light Iron = $80/ton