We hope that you had a safe and enjoyable Memorial Day Weekend and had an opportunity to thank a Veteran for their service while remembering those who passed away defending our freedom.
In the last week we have seen the prices of copper dip as have the prices in the aluminum markets. With them markets seeming to be down on the red metal and many of its common day-to-day brethren we have to be on the look out for a further dip in the pricing.
Recent Non-Ferrous Scrap Metal Prices:
- Rochester, NY: Aluminum Rims, $0.54 per lb (6/1/16)
- Metairie, LA: 750 MCM, $1.29 per lb (5/31/16)
- Westfield, MA: Sheet Aluminum, $0.29 per lb (5/31/16)
- Russellville, AR: Brass Scrap, $1.20 per lb (5/29/16)
- Kerrville, TX: Bare Bright, $1.50 per lb (5/28/16)
- Minneapolis, MN: Bare Bright, $1.80 per lb (5/26/16)
- Glen Falls, NY: Electric Motors, $0.15 per lb (5/26/16)
Special Commodity Focus: Gold
Gold prices have slipped over the last few weeks after approaching 00 per ounce. They have gone back to the lower levels and with the stock market being so strong lately that is not a surprise. Other precious metals like silver and palladium have also slipped 3-5% in the last few weeks and those will affect the markets as well.
Recent E-Scrap Prices:
Steel and Iron prices continue the downward trend with prices falling anywhere from $10-30 across the US and Canada over the last week. Without much warning these prices have fallen and it is largely due to the steel mills having an over supply and not nearly enough demand both domestically and internationally.
Recent Steel Scrap Metal Prices:
- Nashville, TN: #1 Steel, $200 per ton (6/1/16)
- Rochester, NY: Light Iron, $159 per ton (5/31/16)
- Westfield, MA: Light Iron, $89 per ton (5/31/16)
- Kansas City, MO: Auto Scrap, $115 per ton (5/27/16)
With 5 months of 2016 already gone it is shocking that the markets have bounced as much as they have. Please make sure you post your prices and take time to check out prices that others have posted online, scrap ya later!!!
Recently Reported Scrap Metal Prices (as of 6/2/26)
- Bare Bright Copper: $1.45-$1.70
- Copper Pipe: $1.35-$1.65
- Clean Brass: $0.85-$1.10
- Insulated Copper: $0.40-$1.05
- Aluminum Sheet: $0.22-$0.31
- Stainless Steel: $0.20-$0.25
- Aluminum Cans: $0.22-$0.32 (Not CRV Pricing)
- Light Iron: $85-$105 per ton