With so much going on it is crazy to think that half of June is already in the books, we hope that you have been busy and have been scrapping like crazy. We are on a kick lately trying to find out stories about people scrapping and how hard they have worked and what they have done to get to where they are in their scrap life. Please share your stories with us by emailing to [email protected] and we can try to feature you in an upcoming blog.
Non- Ferrous Scrap Report
Copper has dropped down 4-5 cents per pound over the last week and then you add in the stainless prices dropping, then we have all types of craziness ensuing. Even aluminum has felt a bit of a pull back with prices dropping about $0.02 per lb on average.
With increasing interest rates, a lot of material coming into scrap yards, and multiple other factors we have to watch out for the non-ferrous prices going forward.
Reported Non-Ferrous Prices (6/7-6/14)
- Ypsilanti, MI: Lead, $0.45 per lb.
- Kennewick, WA: Aluminum Wire w/Steel, $0.10 per lb.
- Barstow, CA: #1 Tubing, $1.40 per lb.
- Chatsworth, CA: Brass, $1.20 pe lb.
- Kennewick, WA: Cans, $0.34 per lb.
- Winslow, AZ: Brass, $1.00 per lb.
Reported Ferrous Prices (6/7-6/14)
- Ypsilanti, MI: Uppd #1, $140 per ton
- Bakersfield, CA: Light Iron, $50 per ton
- Tucson, AZ: Light Iron, $0.04 per lb.
- Phoenix, AZ: Shreddable Steel, $0.40 per ton.
Overall the markets still have been strong. With oil prices remaining steady, gold prices up slightly, and the overall metals side of things being constant, we are very happy with some of the market prices that we have seen all over the US and Canada being reported.
Let us know your scrap tales and what you are seeing out in the markets.
Scrap ya later!!!