Good Day and Happy Memorial Day Scrappers!
We know that with the unofficial kickoff to the Summer of 2017 coming this weekend that we have to be ready for a lot of grills to be getting thrown out and that’s your chance to scrap them all!
Non-Ferrous Scrap Market Update
Copper prices rose over the last week about 5 cents per lb on average..and with that we have seen the average pricing on #1, 2, and other coppers go up about 3-5 cents per lb on average overall. We have watched the entire national reported prices and because of that we have seen the prices rising overall which is very positive.
The aluminum markets have continued to go up with the overall prices rising about 2 cents per lb over the last week. With the aluminum supplies being so far down over the last few months that has led to the aluminum prices rising which we love to see.
Reported Non-Ferrous Pricing
- Rockaway, NJ: Bare Bright, $2.38 per lb (5/24)
- Rochester, NY: ACRs, $0.83 per lb (5/24)
- Johnson City, TN, Insulated Wire, $0.90 per lb (5/23)
- Johnson City, TN: Aluminum Siding, $0.50 per lb (5/23)
- Jackson, TN: Brass, $1.25 per lb (5/23)
- Goodlettsville, TN: Bare Bright Copper, $2.18 per lb (5/23)
- Gallatin, TN: Wire, $0.58 per lb (5/23)
- Mt. Holly, SC: Stainless Steel, $0.32 per lb (5/23)
- Pawtucket, RI: Bare Bright, $2.18 per lb (5/23)
- Yorktown, VA: Aluminum Cans, $0.33 per lb (5/22)
- Cincinnati, OH: Bare Bright, $2.00 per lb (5/22)
- Lancaster, PA: Stainless Steel, $0.30 per lb (5/22)
Steel/Iron Scrap Markets
Not too much news over the last week with prices remaining very stable over the last week. Overall we have seen the steel pricing with a slight uptick, but nothing that will result at big changes at the scales.
Reported Ferrous/Steel Pricing
- Mt. Holly, SC: Light Iron, $90 per ton (5/23)
- Lincoln, RI: #1 Steel, $50 per ton (5/23)
- Pawtucket, RI: Cast Iron, $40 per ton (5/23)
- Linn Creek, MO: Automobiles, $134 per ton (5/22)
- Rochester, NY: Light Iron, $156 per ton (5/22)
One item that many people have asked about lately are batteries, the different types, especially lithium ion based batteries. With hybrid cars, power tools, and so many other items like cell phones and laptops using lithium ion many people want to know about lithium ion, how to recycle it, and where to go.
In the news gold has maintained it’s mid $1250 per ounce pricing right now which is very positive to see, and we will have to stay tuned going forward to see what the markets do with some of the instability with multiple political things right now.
Happy Memorial Day iScrappers!
Scrap ya later!