What a great week it has been in the Northeast, hope you are having some great luck finding scrap and are staying busy. We have all positive news, nothing Earth shattering…but that is not a bad thing.
Copper Prices See A Climb This Week
Copper prices in the last few days have seen a nice climb with the prices increasing 6 cents just on Tuesday and that price held up today so hopefully you will see a bit of a price increase. The overall feel to the market right now seems to be more upbeat, and hopefully going into the Spring and Summer months we will see that continue.
Recent Scrap Copper Prices Reported:
- Baltimore, MD- Bare Bright, $1.90 (4/19/16)
- Midland, Texas- #1 copper tubing, $1.00 (4/17/16)
- Rochester, NY- Yellow Brass, $1.20 per lb. (4/17/16)
- Roanoke, VA- Plated Copper, $1.00 per lb. (4/16/16)
- Salt Lake City, UT- 2/3 Copper Mix, $1.65 per lb. (4/14/16)
Current Steel Prices Are Positive
Steel prices have continued to be positive which is really such great news. With the market demand up-ticking we are happy to see that happening and now we can really get a good idea for the Spring and Summer that the more aggressive prices will really help everyone’s pockets out a little more. We have talked to a lot of people and the one good thing about those prices of steel dropping was that a lot of “part time scrappers,” stopped picking steel up and now there is more available.
Recent Scrap Steel Prices Reported:
- Gainesville, FL #1 HMS- $225 per ton (4/14/16)
- Rochester, NY- Light Iron 9 per ton (4/19/16)
- Dubuque, IA- Light Iron, $100 per ton (4/18/16)
- Kingston, ON- Light Iron, $100 per ton (4/14/16)
Overall the markets seem to be in a really nice uptick and we are happy to see that they are moving nicely. Hopefully we will continue this trend, but in the meantime we think that a lot of people are finally selling material that they have been saving up.
Other Prices That Have Been Reported:
- Rochester, NY- Sheet Aluminum, $0.40 per lb (4/19/16)
- Waynesboro, PA- Aluminum Cans, $0.66 per lb (4/16/16)
- Augusta, GA- Aluminum Cans, $0.45 per lb. (4/18/16)
Ok iScrappers…now it is your turn to post prices that you have received at your local yard, let us know!
Scrap ya later!!!
National Scrap Metal Prices (As of 4/20/16)
- Bare Bright Copper: $1.60-$1.85
- Copper Pipe: $1.40-$1.75
- Clean Brass: $0.85-$1.15
- Insulated Copper: $0.40-$1.20
- Aluminum Sheet: $0.22-$0.31
- Stainless Steel: $0.20-$0.25
- Aluminum Cans: $0.22-$0.32 (Not CRV Pricing)
- Light Iron: $65-$95 per ton