We hope that the last week has treated you well and you are getting ready for those Spring cleanups that come around this time of the year. We have been seeing so many prices posted since our last update that we have been really excited for all of you scrappers with the higher prices that are going out there. That along with the increase/stable steel prices we have seen and heard a lot of really good things.
Current Copper Scrap Market News
In the last week copper has had a bit of roller coaster with a downnnnn and then up swing. The prices dipped about 10 cents and then have rebounded the last 2 days and are almost back at the levels that we were at a week ago. A lot of people are pointing to China as being part of the bigger picture on copper prices, but there are so many things going on between the election and the general economy that we have to stay in a wait and see mode.
Recent Reported Scrap Copper & Brass Prices:
- Live Oak, FL- #1 Tubing, $1.65 per lb (4/13/16)
- Lawrence, KS- #1/2 Copper Mix, $1.75 per lb (4/12/16)
- Atlanta, GA- ACR, $0.88 per lb (4/11/16)
- Philadephia, PA- #1 Tubing, $1.60 (4/10/16)
- East Chicago, IN- Red Brass, $1.35 per lb (4/9/16)
Current New On Steel Scrap Prices
Wow. Steel has had a fantastic recovery and there is more positive news coming. We were out in Las Vegas at a scrap metal convention last week and we talked to a lot of people who had some very interesting things to say. Many said that because the steel prices were so low the last 6-12 months that the grade of steel that are at many of the mills are hungry for nicer product and that is part of the reason that he scrap prices are on the rise.
Recent Steel Scrap Prices Reported:
- East St. Louis, MO- Scrap Iron, $100 per ton (4/12/16)
- Kingston, ON- Scrap Iron, $100 per ton (4/12/16)
- Mt. Pleasant, IO- Autos, $130 per ton (4/11/16)
- Rustin, LA- Light Iron, $0.035 per lb (4/10/16)
Update On Other Scrap Prices
Other metals have been following the upward trend as well with aluminum prices rising a few cents and stainless gaining a penny or so.
Here are some other scrap prices across the US and Canada reported over the last week.
- Elkton, KY- Aluminum Cans, $0.25 per lb (4/10/16)
- Rochester, NY- Sheet Aluminum, $0.41 per lb (4/9/16)
- Brunswick, GA- Cast Aluminum, $0.35 per lb (4/11/16)
- Alliance, OH- Aluminum 6063, $0.35 per lb (4/12/16)
Thanks scrappers! Scrap ya later!
Current National Scrap Price Averages
- Bare Bright Copper: $1.60-$1.85
- Copper Pipe: $1.40-$1.75
- Clean Brass: $0.85-$1.15
- Insulated Copper: $0.40-$1.20
- Aluminum Sheet: $0.22-$0.31
- Stainless Steel: $0.20-$0.25
- Aluminum Cans: $0.22-$0.32 (Not CRV Pricing)
- Light Iron: $65-$95 per ton