Wow we cant believe that March and the first week of April is already here! Where did the last three months go?!?! Great news in the steel world, we have been following scrappers online that have been posting their steel prices and the news has been very positive and we will go into that shortly.
Copper Prices Are Dropping
The copper markets have softened over the last week with prices dropping about $0.08 per pound overall. We have seen some news about the markets just reacting to small issues, but still we have seen a nice rise this year overall so we are trying to look at the big picture for 2016 and hope that the optimism will continue going.
Recently Reported Copper Scrap Prices:
- Marshall Texas, Bare Bright Copper, $2.00 per lb (3/29/16)
- Arlington, TX, Copper Transformers, $0.15 per lb (3/29/16)
- Prosser, WA, #2 copper tubing, $1.30 per lb. (3/28/16)
- Salem, OR, Bare Bright Copper, $1.65 per lb. (3/26/16)
- Rochester, NY, Sealed Units, $0.12 per lb. (3/25/16)
Steel Prices Have Been Climbing
Steel prices on the other hand have been HOT lately…..with the market creeping up almost $40 per ton year to date, we are happy to see some very positive prices being posted all over the place. We hear that the demand across the world has finally increased and that is part of the reason that the prices have crept up the way that they have lately.
Recently Reported Steel Scrap Prices:
- Rochester, NY, 4 per ton for Light Iron (3/29)
- Sterling, VA, $117 per ton for Cars (3/29)
- Arlington, TX, $0.03 per lb for Tin.03 per lb for Tin.03 per lb for Tin (3/28)
- Green Bay, WI, $0.04 per lb for Sheet Iron.04 per lb for Sheet Iron.04 per lb for Sheet Iron (3/27)
- Sioux Falls, ND, $0.01 per lb for Unprepared Steel (3/24)
The markets have really started to pick up but we have talked to many scrappers who have lost their scrap yard due to the bad economic climate of 2015 and the beginning of 2016 being so bad. Because of that we have been able to help connect new scrappers to new scrap yards in their area and grow their connections and scrap information every day.
Other Reported Scrap Metal Prices:
- Scarborough, ON, $0.05 per pound for Aluminum Cans.05 per pound for Aluminum Cans.05 per pound for Aluminum Cans (3/23)
- Rochester, NY, $0.41 per pound for Sheet Aluminum.41 per pound for Sheet Aluminum.41 per pound for Sheet Aluminum (3/25)
- Troy, AL, Aluminum Radiators, $0.23 per lb. (3/25)
- Mississauga, ON, Car Batteries, $0.38 per lb. (3/26)
If you have a price that you want to post online make sure that you do it and you can also check out other areas of the country and see what prices that other scrappers are getting.
Until next week, scrap ya later!
Average Scrap Metal Prices as of 3/30/16:
- Bare Bright Copper: $1.61-$1.84
- Copper Pipe: $1.36-$1.74
- Clean Brass: $0.88-$1.11
- Insulated Copper: $0.45-$1.21
- Aluminum Sheet: $0.22-$0.31
- Stainless Steel: $0.20-$0.25
- Aluminum Cans: $0.22-$0.32 (Not CRV Pricing)
- Light Iron: $55-$85 per ton