iScrappers, iScrappers, iScrappers….What’s Up?!?!!
From copper to steel and even to stainless there are things moving all over the place! We have so many things going on that we are not sure there is enough time to touch on all of it but let’s sure try.
Copper Scrap Metal Prices: Better News Than Previous Months
Copper prices in the last week have done very well, we had a small setback on Wednesday, (3/23) by a few cents, but overall all of your prices should increase. We have seen some copper prices across the US really increase, here are some over the last week.
- Woodbridge, VA, Bare Bright $1.88 per lb (3/22)
- Live Oak, FL, #2/3 Copper Mix $1.80 per lb (3/22)
- Colorado Springs, CO, Bare Bright $1.60 per lb (3/21)
- Rochester, NY, Aluminum Copper Radiators– $0.91 per lb (3/21)
- Holmen, WI, #1 Tubing- $1.65 per lb. (3/20)
Aluminum Scrap Metal Prices: Small Jump In Prices
With so many great prices all over the place we are happy to see that the prices are increasing and at the same time many people are able to share what they have been receiving. In the aluminum markets we have seen prices also jumping a few cents per pound, but not as aggressive as the copper prices have been. Here are a few of the most recently reported aluminum prices across the US and Canada.
- Superior, WI, Aluminum Cans, $0.35 per lb. (3/21)
- Richmond, VA, Aluminum Cans, $0.36 per lb. (3/21)
- Carbondale, IL, Cast Aluminum, $0.45 per lb. (3/19)
- Rochester, NY, Sheet Aluminum, $0.41 per lb (3/18)
Current Steel Scrap Prices: Good News?
Finally we get to the steel market…and WOW, we have finally got some great news on this front. THe steel market has taken a consistent jump over the last few weeks and we have seen anywhere from a $10-30 per ton jump all over the place. From light iron to heavy Cast Iron the prices have finally began to increase and we are hoping that this is a trend that continues for a long time…here are some of the prices that we have seen reported over the last week.
- Indianapolis, IN, Light Iron Light Iron Light Iron $0.01 per lb.01 per lb.01 per lb (3/19)
- Rochester, NY, Light Iron $110 per ton (3/19)
- Hillsboro, OR, Scrap Iron, $45 per ton (3/21)
- Springfield, MO, Scrap Cars, $145 per ton (3/23)
These prices are extremely encouraging and we are happy to see that they are jumping up all over the place in the UP motion.
Don’t forget to post your prices, check on others posted prices, and don’t forget to let us know what else we can do to help with your scrap info…scrappppp ya later!
National Average Scrap Metal Prices as of 3/23/16:
- Bare Bright Copper: $1.65-$1.88
- Copper Pipe: $1.40-$1.78
- Clean Brass: $0.92-$1.13
- Insulated Copper: $0.45-$1.25
- Aluminum Sheet: $0.22-$0.31
- Stainless Steel: $0.20-$0.25
- Aluminum Cans: $0.22-$0.32 (Not CRV Pricing)
- Light Iron: $45-$75 per ton