Happy New Years and Welcome to 2017 iScrappers!!!
We hope that you had an enjoyable holiday season and were able to spend a lot of time with your family, friends, and stopping by your neighborhood scrap yards to cash in!
With the New Year up and in full swing we are able to get ready to see where the markets are, and hopefully get some positive signs as to where they are going to do going forward.
This week, Joe discusses a simple tips to make more money on RAM boards when scrapping your e-scrap.
Non-Ferrous Market Prices & News
Copper has taken a nice jump this morning after starting 2017 relatively flat. We have seen the prices jump a few cents per pound and hopefully those prices will stick overnight so your local scrap yard can show that increase.
While many people love the holidays, there are good parts about them being over because now we can see what is going to happen for the next few months and see how the markets will react to not only the new presidency, but also the new year which means new budgets.
Here are some of the non-ferrous prices reported over the last week:
- NYC, NY: Bare Bright, $1.50 per lb (1/3/17)
- Chicasaw, OH: Aluminum Cans, $0.28 per lb (1/3/17)
- Valley Park, MO: Aluminum Siding, $0.40 per lb (1/4/17)
- London, ON: Brass, $1.88 per lb (1/4/17) Reported in Canadian Dollars.
- Fort Collins, CO: 304 Stainless, $0.16 per lb (1/3/16)
- Barrie, ON: Bare Bright, $1.25 per lb (1/4/17), Reported in Canadian Dollars.
- Freehold, NJ: Care Batteries, $0.25 per lb (1/3/17)
- Aiken, SC: #2 Tubing, $1.84 per lb. (1/3/17)
Ferrous Market Prices & News
With the prices of steel rising for a 4th straight week we are happy to see these coming up and they are constantly growing across the US and Canada.
It is really difficult sometimes to see what is going on with the prices of steel because many of the articles are geared towards copper and the non-ferrous markets right now, but the prices have been rising and hopefully next week we will have a little more information on them for you.
Here are some of the ferrous prices reported over the last week:
- London, ON: Cast Iron, $125 per ton (1/4/17) Reported in Canadian Dollars.
- Valley Park, MO: Light Iron, $100 per ton (1/4/17)
- Rochester, NY: Light Iron, $167 per ton( 1/4/17)
- Greensburg, PA: Cast Iron, $135 per ton (1/3/17)
Hopefully you have seen your prices jumping, hope to see you take a minute or so and let us know where those prices are…but until next week, scrapppp ya later!
National Price Averages (as of 1/4/17)
- Bare Bright Copper: $1.85-$2.15
- Copper Pipe: $1.67-$1.92
- Clean Brass: $0.85-$1.15
- Insulated Copper: $0.45-$1.20
- Aluminum Sheet: $0.22-$0.33
- Stainless Steel: $0.21-$0.27
- Aluminum Cans: $0.22-$0.32 (Not CRV Pricing)
- Light Iron: $75-115 per ton