Here we are already 6 days into December and we have seen a very strong end of the year push for most of the metals markets. We have not only seen copper jump to near two year highs, but also seen steel prices rebound nearly doubling their prices from earlier in 2016…..so let’s dive right in.
Non-Ferrous Market News
What another great week that it has been with copper prices rising even more and many of these copper prices are are near two year highs. Aluminum has had a slight recovery, but nothing super crazy like the copper markets.
Here Are Some Reported Copper & Non-Ferrous Prices Over The Last Week:
- White City, OR: Yellow Brass, $1.25 per lb (12/6/16)
- Rochester, NY: Sealed Units, $0.12 per lb (12/6/16)
- Walpole, MA: Aluminum 6063, $0.30 per lb (12/6/16)
- Aiken, SC: Electric Motors, $0.09 per lb (12/6/16)
- Aiken, SC: Yellow Brass, $1.05 per lb (12/6/16)
- New Caney, TX: Aluminum Cans, $0.45 per lb (12/5/16)
- Hawesville, KY: #1 Tubing, $2.10 per lb (12/5/16)
- Hermon, ME: Brass. $1.00 per lb (12/5/16)
- Fayetteville, NC: #2/3 Mix, $1.96 per lb (12/5/16)
Ferrous Scrap Market News
We have seen an EXCELLENT jump over the last week with steel prices with many markets showing a $20-30 per ton jump….WOW. Let’s talk about great timing before the holidays, now may be the time to cash in because many articles that we are reading we are seeing that these are prices that may not stick around too long. The markets may be dropping out over the next few months according to many reports that talk about the amount of steel iron ore that is going to be getting mined in 2017.
Here Are Some Reported Steel Prices Over The Last Week
- Rochester, NY: Light Iron, $167 per ton (12/6/16)
- Livermore, KY: #1 Steel, $110 per ton (12/5/16)
- Hawesville, KY: #1 Steel, $145 per ton (12/5/16)
- Synder, TX: #1 Steel, $80 per ton (12/5/16)
- Fayetteville, NC:#1 Steel, $0.04 per lb (12/5/16)
- Jacksonville, FL: Light Iron, $0.03 per lb (12/5/16)
Please continue to post your prices and make sure that you are checking out prices in the area that others are posting as well.
Scrap ya later!
National Average Prices (as of 12/7/16):
- Bare Bright Copper: $1.85-$2.15
- Copper Pipe: $1.67-$1.92
- Clean Brass: $0.85-$1.15
- Insulated Copper: $0.45-$1.20
- Aluminum Sheet: $0.22-$0.33
- Stainless Steel: $0.21-$0.27
- Aluminum Cans: $0.22-$0.32 (Not CRV Pricing)
- Light Iron: $65-105 per ton