Ho ho ho Scrappers!
We hope that you are in for a very Merry and Happy Holiday season and we hope that you had time to cash your Christmas loads in already! With the copper prices falling about 15 cents over the last week we are hoping that you were able to cash in in time to maximize those higher prices at your local yards. Let’s get right into the pricing updates.
Part 1 – 12/21/16
Part 2 – 12/21/16
Tom takes over and discusses the difference in types of computer and electronic boards you can take out. There are different types and values, and he explains how to identify them.
Non-Ferrous Scrap Metal Markets
While the copper prices are still up for the calendar year, after the last 5 week rally we have seen a bit of a dip in the markets. While this is not unexpected with the holidays here, we have to be a little leery of many traders taking profits on the stocks and commodities markets going into the holiday season and the New Year. Let’s get into some of the copper and non-ferrous prices that have been reported by YOU, the iScrapper over the last week…
Copper Prices Reported:
- Kelowna, BC: #1 Tubing, $2.33 per lb (12/20/16)
- Philadelphia, PA: #2 Tubing, $1.95 per lb (12/19/16)
- Coos Bay, OR: #2/3 Mix Copper, $1.50 per lb (12/18/16)
- Fayetteville, NC: #1 Tubing, $2.05 per lb (12/17/16)
Non-Ferrous Prices Reported:
- Surrey, BC: Aluminum Siding, $0.40 per lb (12/20/16)
- Terrace, BC: Stainless Steel, $0.25 per lb, (12/20/16)
- Pinellas Park, FL: Die Cast, $0.35 per lb (12/19/16)
- Huntsville, AL: Brass Scrap, $1.04 per lb (12/17/16)
- Fayetteville, NC: Aluminum Rims, $0.46 per lb (12/17/16)
Ferrous Scrap Metal Markets
Wow…what a positive change in the markets that we have seen over the last week with prices climbing even higher then they were. We have seen the prices following those non-ferrous markets but reports are coming out that this may be short lived with many mining operations through the world gearing up for a big push in 2017.
Steel/Iron Prices Reported
- Rochester, NY: Light Iron, $167 per ton (12/20/16)
- Kelowna, BC: #1 HMS, $75 per ton (12/20/16)
- Hartford City, IN: Automobiles, $139 per ton (12/19/16)
- Perry, OK: #2 HMS: $0.04 per lb (12/17/16)
We wish you a very Merry Christmas, Happy Hanukah, Happy New Year and Happy times to anything else that you are celebrating now. Scrap ya later!!!!
National Scrap Averages (as of 12/21/16):
- Bare Bright Copper: $1.85-$2.15
- Copper Pipe: $1.67-$1.92
- Clean Brass: $0.85-$1.15
- Insulated Copper: $0.45-$1.20
- Aluminum Sheet: $0.22-$0.33
- Stainless Steel: $0.21-$0.27
- Aluminum Cans: $0.22-$0.32 (Not CRV Pricing)
- Light Iron: $75-115 per ton