Scrapping has been a hell of a weird year but we have seen so many prices rising over the last 6 months..and we can add steel back to the list of increases. The steel market is up, partially due to the oil market increasing and overall we are in a good place to finish up 2017 and to begin 2018.
Copper has been in a really solid place lately with the market having a slight pull back, but the overall trading prices have remained above $3 per pound and that remains the number that we need to shoot for to be able to stay on a solid level going into the new year…let’s dive into some pricing and some more market news.
Non-Ferrous Market Updates
With the price of oil rising to over $60 per barrel we have seen a lot of talk with the metals market recently. With copper surging over the last 3 months we have seen a lot of optimistic views about all of the metals markets overall and the main source of optimism has been the copper side of things.
Reported Non-Ferrous Prices (11/1-11/7):
- Clarksville, TN: #2 Copper Tubing, $2.14/lb.
- Rockaway, NJ: #1 Bare Bright Wire, $2.68/lb.
- San Antonio, TX: Lead Wheel Weights, $0.08/lb.
- Ypsilanti, MI: Christmas Lights, $0.15/lb.
- Alpharetta, GA: Lead Batteries, $0.45/lb.
- Rochester, NY: Yellow Brass, $1.47/lb.
- Fort Meyers, FL: Aluminum Scrap, $0.30/lb.
- Grand Junction, CO: Brass Shells, $1.11/lb.
- Texarkana, TX: Compressors, $0.05/lb.
- San Antonio, TX: Lead, $0.30/lb.
- Fort Meyers, FL: Cast Aluminum, $0.37/lb.
- Tallahassee, FL: Insulated Copper Wire, $0.50/lb.
- Hollister, MO: #1 Copper Tubing, $2.35/lb.
Ferrous Market Updates
Steel has finally seen a bit of life getting sprung back into it with the market seeing an overall $7 per ton increase in the reported prices over the last week. Some areas of the country reported steel pricing as high as a $15 increase week over week.
Reported Ferrous Prices (11/1-11/7):
- San Jose, CA: Light Iron, $100.80/ton
- Rockaway, NJ: Light Iron, $105 per ton
- Tallahassee, FL: Shreddable Steel, $0.04/lb.
- Rochester, NY: Tin, $136.00/ton
- Texarkana, TX: #2 Heavy Melting Steel, $3.000/cw
- Fayetteville, AK: Shreddable Steel, $100.00/ton
- Beaumont, TX: Light Iron, $80.00/ton
Other Metals Market News
Carbide has taken a bit of a hit over the last few week with the markets being down about $0.50 per pound, but we have seen prices reported anywhere from $3.50-7.75 per pound over the last few months. With such strong pricing on this market, we have seen a large influx of material coming in over the last few months to many yards and that goes for other rare metals as well.
Nickel bearing metals like Inconel and Stainless Steel have not faired so well with the overall markets being one of the few metals markets that did not really pop in 2018.
Let us know what you want to learn about, continue to use our forums to get pricing brought to your attention and to learn more about scrap metals.
Scrap ya later!