We cannot believe all of the positive news about the current scrap prices that we have been receiving over the last week…so without further adieu let’s get into it!
Non-Ferrous Markets & Scrap Prices
The copper, stainless, and aluminum markets are all up!!! Wow what a great week of price increase we have seen with copper leading the way being up about 7-9 cents per lb. After the increase last week, we have seen prices go up about $0.10-0.15 overall and that has made many people happy. Hopefully you have been able to capitalize and cash in!
Here are some non-ferrous prices that people have reported over the last week:
- Rochester, NY: Sheet Aluminum, $0.42 per lb. (11/3/16)
- Guelph, ON: Brass, $1.75 per lb (11/3/16)
- Mississauga, ON: Stainless Steel, $0.43 per lb (11/2/16)
- Inver Grove Heights, Bare Bright, $1.86 per lb (11/2/16)
- North Las Vegas, NV: #1 Tubing, $1.10 per lb (11/2/16)
- Delaware, DE: Alumium Cans, $0.30 per lb (11/1/16)
- Halethorpe, MD: #1 Wire, $1.75 per lb (11/1/16)
Ferrous Markets & Scrap Prices
The steel prices have FINALLY rebounded in the last week and we have seen the prices jump $10-15 per ton AGAIN!!! It was a funny time over the last few months and especially the last few weeks. Many grades of heavier metal were at the same pricing as some of the Light Iron prices because things have gotten so tough.
Here are some ferrous prices that people have reported over the last week:
- Mississauga, ON: #1 Steel, $100 per ton (11/2/16)
- Delaware, DE: #1 Steel, $100 per ton (11/1/16)
- Farmington, MO: Scrap Iron, $90 per ton, (11/1/16)
- Manassas, VA: Steel, $65 per ton (11/1/16)
With all of these prices finally jumping we hope that you have the chance to cash in…and when you do make sure to take a minute once in a while to report your prices…scrappppppp ya later!
National Average Scrap Prices (as of 11/3/16)
- Bare Bright Copper: $1.65-$1.85
- Copper Pipe: $1.47-$1.72
- Clean Brass: $0.75-$1.05
- Insulated Copper: $0.45-$1.07
- Aluminum Sheet: $0.22-$0.33
- Stainless Steel: $0.21-$0.27
- Aluminum Cans: $0.22-$0.32 (Not CRV Pricing)
- Light Iron: $55-95 per ton