Happy Thanksgiving to All!
We hope that you are ready for the holiday season and will be able to find a lot of scrap from old things that people will start to throw out soon. We have seen nothing but good news over the last few weeks and this week was no different, so let’s get into the scrap market update.
Non-Ferrous Markets & Reports
The aluminum, nickel, and copper markets have continued to stay strong and the prices have been very aggressive lately. We have seen great prices being reported across the US and Canada and it looks like that large growth in pricing is very real. With a lot of uncertainty over with the election, many of the markets have been pointing upwards with the stock market hitting all-time highs and many of the commodity markets rallying as well.
Here are some of the reported non-ferrous prices from the last week:
- Reno, NV: Bare Bright, $1.50 per lb (11/22/16)
- Cathedral City, CA: Bare Bright, $1.80 per lb (11/22/16)
- Highland, CA: Brass Scrap, $0.60 per lb (11/22/16)
- Los Angeles, CA: #1 Tubing, $1.60 per lb (11/21/16)
- Joplin, MO: Stainless Steel, $0.27 per lb (11/20/16)
- Springtown, TX: #1 Tubing, $2.05 per lb (11/20/16)
- Jacksonville, FL: #1 Tubing, $2.00 per lb (11/20/16)
- Lafayette, GA: Aluminum Cans, $0.30 per lb (11/19/16)
Ferrous Markets & Reports
We have started to see that jump in copper and aluminum prices translate over into the steel markets with the steel prices jumping another $10 per ton over the last week. With many hoping that the new Presidential administration will help to ramp up the growth of the economy especially through infrastructure improvements.
Here are some of the reported ferrous & steel prices from the last week:
- Rochester, NY: Light Iron, $125 per ton( 11/22/16)
- Chatsworth, CA: #1 Steel, $20 per ton (11/22/16)
- Joplin, MO: #1 Steel, $125 per ton (11/20/16)
- Quincy, IL: #1 Steel, $95 per ton (11/20/16)
- Sumiton, AL: Light Iron, $0.04 per lb (11/19/16)
Happy trails and Happy Thanksgiving iScrappers!!!
National Scrap Price Averages (as of 11/23/16)
- Bare Bright Copper: $1.85-$2.15
- Copper Pipe: $1.67-$1.92
- Clean Brass: $0.85-$1.15
- Insulated Copper: $0.45-$1.20
- Aluminum Sheet: $0.22-$0.33
- Stainless Steel: $0.21-$0.27
- Aluminum Cans: $0.22-$0.32 (Not CRV Pricing)
- Light Iron: $65-105 per ton