Good Day Scrappers!!!
We hope that you are staying busy and are able to really get a lot of material flowing now that copper is at a 3-YEAR HIGH!!!
Wow, what a week that it has been. With so much speculation on the markets over the last few weeks of the downturn we have finally started to see it improve and because of that we are happy to have these prices jumping and it seems that MANY people have been able to cash in and make a lot of extra money with the markets really moving.
Non-Ferrous Market Update
With copper hitting 3-year highs, with palladium pricing jumping as well, and all other non-ferrous markets really staying at a nice level we have been very happy to see so much positive movement throughout the US and Canada with the markets. After talking to many scrap yards they all seem to be optimistic on the non-ferrous side of things, but having that carry over and has a sustained growth will take a little while…so let’s hope that this train keeps going forward.
Non- Ferrous Reported Prices (10/11-10/17)
- Rockaway, NJ: Bare Bright, $2.75 per lb
- Rochester, NY: Aluminum Sheet, $0.46 per lb.
- Los Angeles, CA: Computer Wire, $0.25 per lb.
- Independence, IA: #2/3 Copper Mix, $2.12 per lb.
- North Huntingdon, PA: Bare Bright, $2.45 per lb.
- North Huntingdon, PA: Stainless, $0.35 per lb.
- McKeesport, PA: aluminum siding, $0.40 per lb.
- Fredericksburg, PA: Brass, $1.15 per lb.
Ferrous Market Update
The steel side of things has not been too exciting with the markets really going all over the place over the last month or so. After having such high price increases over the beginning of the summer and then
Ferrous Reported Prices (10/11-10/17)
- Rockaway, NJ: Light Iron, $110 per ton
- Los Angeles, CA: Shreddable Steel, $80 per ton
- Fredericksburg, PA: Light Iron, $65 per ton
- Rochester, NY: Light Iron: $125 per ton
- Minneapolis, MN: Light Iron, $100 per ton
While the gold market is always talked about, the palladium markets have been one of a very hotbed. The palladium prices are up about 50% this year and with this precious metal being one of three major ones used in the catalytic converter markets it has been very strong pricing wise.